Polymer Clay Necklace
4. Tips for Working with Polymer Clay:
1. Always condition your clay before you get started. By warming the clay in between your hands and softening it up you will help prevent cracks after it is baked and it will be easier to work with.
2. Do not get discouraged if your clay creation is not what you pictured. You can always mash it up and start fresh. That’s that best part about working with polymer clay!
3. If you don’t see a color you like when picking out clay, make your own custom shade by mixing colors together.
4. If you are carving something from clay stick your clay in the fridge for 6-8 minutes to harden. This will make carving so much easier.
Have fun! The beauty of handmade is that is does not need to be perfect. Little imperfections will make it unique and special. Once you get the hang of how to work with it you will never want to stop playing.
What you will need:
Some kind of roller
Waxed leather or cotton cord
Soften and condition the clay with your hands before starting.
Use the roller to roll out a small flat piece. Do this with each color. Carefully slice out 3 triangles. The first one the largest and the two following smaller.
Krazy glue the triangles on top of each other.